Friday, October 22, 2010

Compelling argument by an eagerly waiting patient from Netherlands

Posted by "Arien Esser" as a commnet to WSJ article. This person is not an investor, please read on

i,m from the netherlands, 52 years old, maybe 5 to 10 kg too heavy . I have been following several weihgtloss drug companies for several years. I'm no stockholder in any Pharma or Biotechpharma company.
I never visit any Mc donald,burger king or other fastfood company, i never drink any soda like cola or fanta.
I'm a vegetarian. I walk,swim ,bike and play sometime tennis.
Oke, i admit sometimes I like to eat a pizza. I was very hopefull that there was finally a drug that would help me to lose some weight. Just to implove my quality of life. Even 5 to 10 kg weightloss would be enormously for me.
If it cost just a few dollars/euro's a day I would be very happy to take it. I'm no professor like all the people from the panel, just an ordinary man. If you ask a cardiologist if it would hurt to drink 2 glasses of red wine a day, he would probably say: excellent, it is good for your health. If you ask, what about 82 times, or 164 glasses, he would probably say that I would die. Not even have a chance to develop cancer.
FDA, approve this drug, on behalf of millions, not only American. Soon after, there will be as many data as they want. If not approved in the USA I hope Eisai will help to get git approved in Japan and Europe, so that we will we able to use this drug. 30 to 40 years ago we laughed at japanese cars, camera's. Not any more. How come they are smarter than us. They do care for there own people. kind regards from the netherlands and I hope next year 10 kg lighter. ( thanks to Lorcasserin ?).

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304023804575566731686435318.html?ru=yahoo&mod=yahoo_hs#articleTabs%3Dcomments

No comments:

Post a Comment